Thursday, June 19, 2008

309 Update

Over the past few days I've been making a lot of progress on completely repainting the 309. One side is essentially done; the yellow lettering probably needs a second coat, but that can wait until after the dedication. The other side has all of its blue; now it just needs grey, red, and lettering. We'll wye the car to do this.

I also did some touch-up work on the interior, took some spare parts to the container, worked on installing a bolt in one of the steps, and looked at some miscellaneous ideas for other projects.

Unfortunately, it's difficult to photograph the side of the car while it's in the barn, and I'm not going to pull it out just for progress updates. So how about some nice scenery? The campus has some very picturesque spots if you know where to look. (I still think referring to the property as a "campus" is sort of amusing. If I letter in Track, can I be a BMOC?)

CA&E Depot Architecture
It has come to my attention that there is a Korean war veteran who is very much interested in the Chicago, Aurora & Elgin, especially its depot architecture designed by Jarvis Hunt. He lives in Wheaton. He would like to collaborate with somebody who shares his interests, and possibly get some of his research written down in either a book or in some memoirs. If you'd be interested in meeting with him, please contact me by email. Thanks!

1 comment:

Frank Hicks said...

That scene looks good enough to be turned into a bulkhead lithograph!