Saturday, August 16, 2008

Thomas!

Friday was the first Thomas day, and as usual, a good time was had by all. Here we see Henry Vincent on Thomas, and Roger S. along for the ride, I guess....



Of course, Friday is usually not as busy as the weekends, so it's a good opportunity to make sure everything's in place.








Besides the train rides, there are always lots of other activities, such as the magic show...







... and the little hand cars (L) just like Riverview! I used to love those things. To the right, some of the PADS volunteers guarding the crossing.





I was doing car line relief duty, since I had to leave early to go to Ravinia. I'm singing in the chorus for several Mozart opera productions this week. Here are some pictures of the new signals on the car line. The system is not yet fully functional, but getting close. The wig-wag at South Jct. is working.


Since I had some extra time, I also worked on the roof of the 757 some more, rather than stand idly about. One end of one of the roof boards is rotten out, as seen here, and needs to be replaced. I started sawing it off.

No comments: