Sunday, August 3, 2008

Vintage Transport Day

Today was the Vintage Transport Extravaganza, but despite all of the interesting cars and trucks I still managed to get some work done on the 205. I returned to working on the new windows for the east end of the car, using chemical stripper to take the old paint off of them. Kirk Warner, one of our regular readers and the leader of the CRI&P 19135 restoration, took a photo of yours truly "hard at work" in the nice air-conditioned shop:
Once these were done I took measurements for the new glass we'll have to order to glaze them, and then did some spot-priming of the window sticks I installed last week. I also briefly helped Scott Greig carry windows for CTA S-105 to Barn 2 for installation, and of course I took some time and toured the vintage vehicles on display. One of the neat things about the Extravaganza is that there are usually some interesting old trucks, as shown below left:

No comments: