Tuesday, September 30, 2008

Miscellany

It was raining when I arrived in the morning, so I was able to check the roof of the barn for leaks. The caulking I did last time held up better than I expected; one piece of plastic on the 277 needed to be replaced. Also, I helped Rod briefly with checking out the electrical connections to the air compressors.

Then I worked some more on sorting parts and rearranging the 321, and did some more work on 518 windows. Not a lot to take pictures of, so here are a couple of views from previous sessions.

I then picked up a new gallon of maroon paint for the windows, which Diamond Paints in Des Plaines mixed for us. As usual, it appears to be a perfect match. And I visited Bob Bruneau; he let me borrow his file on the 518. This has a number of great pictures of the car, both inside and out, many of which have probably not been published before. When I get a chance in a day or two, I'll start on an illustrated history of the car. It also includes the original St. Louis blueprints for the bulkhead by the stove, which was removed when the car was converted for use as an instruction car. We will need to replace it. All this will be covered in more detail later!

No comments: