Saturday, October 25, 2008

A Night of Sheer Terror!

On Friday night I helped out with crowd control for "Terror on the Railroad." The results were not quite what was hoped for, due to lightning, cold winds, and rain. But we did the best we could under the circumstances, and I believe most of our customers were satisfied. As usual, several people were "too afraid of being scared" by the time they got to the Screamliner, and passed on to the rear car.

If this doesn't scare you, what will???



I was stationed at Central Avenue all evening, so I didn't get a chance to talk to people after they'd been through the terror trains. Here's the only picture I took of the night's activities. The actors are adamant about not having pictures taken of them or the interiors of the trains, so I have to respect that. Just imagine your worst nightmares. Actually, I was terrified of getting sick, but I'm fine.

Everybody involved with thinking up this stuff and putting it on deserves a lot of gratitude. Besides our own volunteers, most or all of the actors are students at DeKalb. A lot of people put in a great amount of effort to make this a success, much more than I did. Their efforts help the Museum, so thanks!!!

No comments: