Saturday, April 11, 2009

Time for More Paint

I had to leave early today, and so didn't have time to get as much done as usual. Jerry Lynn showed me what they've been doing inside the Salem Diner over the winter, so I'll update the diner page with lots of great interior shots.

I managed to get the running boards and all the other new pieces down off the roof by myself, and cleaned up my tools and other parts. I then swept it clean, and put a second coat of primer on all the bare wood, as seen here.

I also picked up all the junk that was on the ground between the car and the wall of the barn.




I then put a first coat of primer on the top surface of the new running boards. You will notice the countersunk holes in the wood.




Frank and I drove this ancient high-rail Suburban out to Pennsylvania and back in 1998, and at that time I had thought it was on its last legs. But no! It's still being driven around the property, although I hope it doesn't go too far away.

No comments: