Sunday, May 10, 2009

277 Progress

Frank helped me switch the 308 and 309 so the 309 is now to the east. This is the position we will want them for the two-car train in revenue service, and we also need to complete inspection on the 309 this Wednesday. Anybody who wants to help will be most welcome!

I then helped Frank install the new doors, as detailed above, and carried a couple of baggage racks from the 277 over to the shop for repainting.

I found and replaced one bad bulb in the 277, and then closed up all of the bull's-eye lighting fixtures. This keeps dust from collecting on the lenses and also prevents the fragile cork insulation from falling out, and just looks better, as seen here.






One of the "croquet hoops" was broken, so I mixed up some epoxy and glued it back together. For this, I needed to borrow a pipe clamp from the woodshop which would extend more than five feet.

I also painted another upper sash piece.

No comments: