Sunday, June 21, 2009

Chicago Day

There was lots of activity for Chicago Day. All three of us were hard at work. The 308 and 309 were not scheduled to operate, but we pulled them outside on the Barn 8 lead to give visitors an opportunity for photographs.

David helped me on the 277. First, we got all the tools and spare parts I'll no longer need down off the roof - this is much easier with a helper. Then he helped me get the new saddles and roof boards up onto the roof. Next time I'll start installing them. Then we spent an hour or two sorting out parts and supplies inside the 277. It looks much neater now. Several parts were taken over to the 321 for painting, as seen here. I also carried the trolley pole over to Barn 4, where Stan is planning to replace the trolley harp, as we did on the poles for the blue cars. And there's more news to follow, so don't touch that dial.






On the floor of the 277 I found a couple of pictures of the portable substation, presumably at Lakeside. (L) Notice the ramp for loading it onto a trailer.

No comments: