Sunday, June 28, 2009

Revenue Service

Today the blue cars were in operation again. Jim West was the motorman, Dave Hammer the trainman, and in order to have our regulation three-man crew, I was the conductor. Here we are, posing in front of the 309. Usually I'm the motorman, but it's an interesting change to be the conductor. I get to talk to people a lot more, and as usual, I think, people were pleased with the cars and the whole IRM experience. Man, was it windy! I lost my cap several times. Once it blew under the train while it was moving, but emerged unscathed. Whew!


Another interesting thing today is that our oldest trolley bus, CSL #84 (Brill, 1930) was operating, along with a much newer articulated ETB. Jerry Saunders was driving the 84.

We also had a "Take the Throttle" customer who was going to get to run the 309, but I had to leave before this started. Jealous? You too can always sign up for "Take the Throttle" -- call Phyllis at the office.

By the way, the next big hole in the operating schedule is that we need a motorman and a conductor for the 308/309 on Sunday, July 12th. I can probably do one or the other, so we need somebody else who's qualified. Help!

1 comment:

David Wilkins said...

Look how professional Randy looks as he undertook his conductor duties! Another big win for Henry's Fashions for Men!