Saturday, July 18, 2009

277 Progress

Today I applied filler and then put a second coat of primer on the next section of wall paneling, as seen earlier. After it was dry to the touch, I was able to install it as seen here. I also filled in all the nail holes. The right side wall of the main compartment is now complete. Of course, some more painting is required. I helped Joe with a switch move for a little while, stored some spare parts, and showed some friends through the 309. There was a good crowd of visitors out today!



Here's what's left of the interior of the Camp Grant. It's almost down to bare steel. I risked life and limb to take these views so you don't have to!







I left somewhat early to catch the 4449 on its way into Chicago. I'll add this to the steam page when I get a chance. Here it is travelling at track speed through Sugar Grove.

1 comment:

John Cloos said...

Photographed the 4449 at Sugar Grove and posted a blog update at 8:45 ?? You were moving sir !

I chased it from a bit west of Hinckley, got lucky that they had a Metra delay and crew changed in Aurora, then caught up with them again at Naperville (which is where we were heading for dinner anyways)

Interesting to follow the train's progress on twitter via my cellphone, really allowed you to know when and where they were. Ahh, progress !