Saturday, April 17, 2010

CA&E Miscellany

My instructions from the 319 Project Manager for today were to clean up and prime the replacement step well for the 319, which originally was from the 321 and had already been brought over to Barn 4. I got it needle-chipped and partially primed (at right, after completion of needle-chipping) but ran out of time before I could prime it. I'll do that next time.


In the middle of the day, I got an interesting diversion in the form of a switch move involving the three CA&E wood cars stored in Barn 8. I helped Joel Ahrendt and Joe Stupar switch the 36 out of the barn for a Trains Magazine photo shoot, after which we brought the 308 and 309 up alongside for the photo at left (the 431 was at the barn door and had been moved out of the way). We ended up putting the 36 back into the barn behind the 308 and 309, which will be inspected within the next few weeks.

Before I left I took a look at Charlie Strong's progress on the 319 itself over in Barn 2. He finished initial prep work on the north side of the car and put a coat of primer on that side, as well as most of the west end of the car.

1 comment:

Adam Robillard said...

Charlie does great work!