Sunday, May 9, 2010

Looking Ahead

World War II Living History Days on Memorial Day Weekend will be the first big event of the year, and lots of preparation is being done. Be sure to spread the word among your friends and neighbors. This is a huge undertaking, and it should really be a success. The 308 and 309 will be running all three days, and I'm glad to see we have full crews signed up.

Yesterday I worked on various miscellaneous projects. Rod ordered some special 140 weight lubricating oil for the roller bearings in the trolley bases, and I picked it up in Marengo. I finished assembling the second base for the 319 and lubricated it. I later lubricated the 308 and 309 bases also. Dan Fenlaciki helped me move the trolley base over to Barn 2. I also took our new trolley hooks over there; I'll need to drill some holes in the running boards to install them. And I sanded down and put a coat of primer on the rest of the window sills in the 319.

And I took the rules test for this year.

Since the IT cars were moved last week, the 277 needed a new piece of tarp to protect it from a leak in the roof. And lots of other stuff was going on. Sorry, I didn't take many pictures.

Here's the S motor on its way over to Barn 11.

No comments: