Tuesday, October 12, 2010

319 Update

Monday was the Columbus Day holiday, so I was able to go out to the Museum and do a few more things for the 319. I started by using our brake valve test stand on the triple valve I had removed from the 321. Setting up the test stand and adjusting all the valves is a lot of work, and frankly, I'm not sure the testing process will tell us anything that couldn't be learned by installing the valve on the car and testing it there. The 321's valve seems to have a leak through the quick action portion, which you can verify by tapping on that part of the valve; the leak either gets stronger or weaker. However, I was unable to loosen the cap, so the quick action parts cannot be inspected or cleaned. I'd forgotten that was a problem with this valve. Later in the day, I removed the 319's valve again and brought it to the shop. I cleaned the quick action parts and reassembled the valve. I ran out of time to test it, but I'll do that next time.

And then there was painting. I put another coat of primer on the four windows painted last time, and did a first finish coat on a test section of a wall, as seen here. There are some imperfections that don't show up in a photograph. My harshest critic will have to look at it and determine whether this will be good enough.






And it was a beautiful fall day, so I walked around and took some pictures of the scenery.

No comments: