Sunday, December 12, 2010

Toledo Edison #1

This latest acquisition has generated a lot of interest, so who am I to fight the tide of public opinion?


First, Nick wanted me to point out more clearly that the hoods are not really missing, but still in existence up at East Troy. They will be brought to Union shortly. Here they are in 2008. And Nick also emphasized that the locomotive has good wheels. What more could you want?!?





And Tom sent me some more pictures of it being worked on, and running under its own power at East Troy in May 2008, as seen here.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Tom even has video of me moving it for the first time in 15+ years.

Jeron G.

David Wilkins said...

Hoods, handrails, good wheels, new airtanks, cab metal, what more could anyone want?

I assume this has GE M type control?

Anonymous said...

They are C-137B controllers.

Jeron G.

Anonymous said...

I was never able to locate suitable controller handles before I left ET.

Scott Greig said...

GE type M, yes. Looked like DB-260 contactors when I took a look in the cabinets.

C-90s/C-137s were fairly common GE steeplecab locomotive controllers.