Saturday, January 29, 2011

Another Step Forward

Today I essentially finished painting the ceiling in the smoker. I may want to do some touch-up later when it's warmer outside and natural light is available, but for now the ceiling is done. I installed the cord hanger and painted it, then finished the lower part as seen here.

I also put a finish coat of black on the arm rests. Here are some before and after shots.

The only thing left to do is to touch up the window sills, then paint the floor with the finish brown color.



Then it was on to the vestibule. I did more paint removal, and it's getting close to the point where one side can be completely painted with primer. Here's the trim around the bulkhead window. I also took two of the many grab irons to the shop to wire-wheel them, then they were installed and painted, so they won't start to rust.

Charlie Strong happened to pass by; I hadn't seem him for several months. He's been busy working. Jim Followell also came around to look at the 714. The plans are for him to repaint the 714 so it will be as new and shiny as the 749.





In Barn 2, the contractor has started painting the Cleveland PCC with its finish colors. Eric Lorenz (seen here) and Ed Woytula were working on the doors, as usual. This car is getting closer. And Jim will be finishing up the 451 soon.

2 comments:

David Wilkins said...

The smoker looks like my grandmother's house, plastic covering all of the furniture!

Good work! Do you use a space heater to heat the vestibule before you prime?

Randall Hicks said...

At this point, I suppose I could take the plastic covers off, and after repainting the floor, we'll be ready for company!