Saturday, February 19, 2011

Keeping Busy

The weather was nice today, and there was a crowd of people on the property, so a lot got done. You'll have to look elsewhere for news on most of it.

I started by finishing up the tool box in the 319. After painting the parts installed last time, I put the glass in place. And it now looks like this. I can only hope we never have to use it.


The next target was the recalcitrant interrupter for the buzzer circuit. I had to drill out a screw, but finally managed to detach it from the ceiling. Here we see it hanging by a thread. Or rather, two wires. Note that the top surface never got painted.


It was then taken home for repair. Here it is sitting on the workbench in my basement. Somebody at Cleveland picked the paint off the brass plate. It says:

"THIS DEVICE IS PATENTED. Legal action will be taken against anyone attempting to use it in connection with other apparatus without the consent of the CONSOLIDATED CAR HEATING COMPANY". OK, OK!!! I promise!

Speaking of buzzers, I decided this was a good time to install the 309 buzzer cord hanger we had painted earlier. It's a spare we got from Trolleyville. Pictures of the 309 definitely show one in this location. The original must have been destroyed in the fire, but I never found any remnants of it, so we've managed without it until now. It was nice to be working in the 309 again.


And I put some parts into storage.

Then there was more paint stripping in the #1 vestibule of the 319. I cleaned off another grab iron and the handle for the Armstrong window wiper, as seen here. The vestibule is getting close to being ready to paint.








And as just a small sample of the other projects going on, the B&G guys were working on the interior of the O'Mahony diner.

Dave Fullarton is cleaning decades of grease from the ceiling.

Jerry and Dave are installing replacement parts behind the counter. It's going to look great!

No comments: