Friday, August 10, 2012

Eat Heavy at Betsy's

The staff at Hicks Car works is ever vigilant to the possibilities of roadside diners that are not already in the data base.  Last weekend we attended a birthday party for Eileen's aunt (80 yrs) in Falmouth Ma (on Cape Cod). On leaving I decided to drive through town rather than follow the Yahoo Maps suggested route, and low and behold what was there but Betsy's!

It was a shame I didn't realize that this was here as I could have wandered over (less than a mile from the party) and scoped it out more.  But we were on a time deadline so just had time for a couple of grab shots from the parking lot.  However, now that I'm in that family I'm sure that there will be return visits so that I can  give you, dear blog reader,  a better feel for what "Eating Heavy" is like. 

Based  of the age of the attached structure, this does appear to be one of the original diners, not one of the recent copies,






PS return trips to Cape Cod should be easier now that we have obtained a permit for the Cape Cod Canal road tunnel from one of the gift shops, no need to cross those jammed bridges.

No comments: