Saturday, August 4, 2012

Operations Report

Today has certainly been exciting. Everything was pretty normal until about 3PM, when a fierce storm started blowing through rapidly. I was running the 308 and 309, and also acting as dispatcher. Randy Allegrezza was my conductor, with Jim Windmeier on the 3142. Dan Mulvihill and Mark Hoffman were in charge of the coach train. At 2 I decided to put the wood cars away, which was certainly the right thing to do. The last trip of the day was the coach train at 3. I rode along as a fireman on the locomotive, and on the way back the storm hit. High winds were blowing more dust than rain, along with garbage cans, lids, and so on. But everything got put away without incident. Thanks to all who helped!

There won't be any pictures to post until I get home tomorrow night. Stay tuned.

No comments: