News and views of progress at the Illinois Railway Museum
Tuesday, July 14, 2026
Enjoy the Finest
This car card was recently fixed up and reprinted by a print shop we work with. Wait a second, where have I heard that name before... hmm... nope, guess I don't know anyone named Pixley.
We saw the original of this card when Tim dug it out eleven years ago: https://hickscarworks.blogspot.com/2015/03/enjoy-finest.html. I might point out that all of the CA&E cards have a vertical dimension of 11", which I think was sort of an industry standard, but the CRT cards are much higher, perhaps 15"? So all of the artwork is different.
We saw the original of this card when Tim dug it out eleven years ago: https://hickscarworks.blogspot.com/2015/03/enjoy-finest.html. I might point out that all of the CA&E cards have a vertical dimension of 11", which I think was sort of an industry standard, but the CRT cards are much higher, perhaps 15"? So all of the artwork is different.
ReplyDelete