Monday, September 15, 2008

Wye It's Important

Today Wes Lloyd helped me wye the 321 to put its better side towards the public sidewalk. It's been sort of an eyesore for the past couple of years, and I finally was able to put the good side in view. That's the side that appears in all of our recent pictures on the web. And since I wasn't able to operate anything on Member's Day, at least I got to run the 308+309 out and back in again. And it was fun to ride the 321 on the connector track and around the car line. Thanks, Wes!

It's always hard to take good pictures inside the barn, so you'll just have to take my word for it, or see for yourself. And no more 'wye' puns for a while, I promise.

I spent most of the rest of the day working on rearranging things inside the 321 to make it a more efficient working space. I also put a first coat of varnish on my two 518 windows, but I'll need a key to the IT cars before I can do much more.

And finally, for this week's campus scenery, we have news! This great new billboard has just been installed along Riverside Drive, south of the Hoffman building. It's a vast improvement over looking at the material yard. Put up billboards and Keep America Beautiful!

No comments: