Saturday, December 31, 2016
Friday, December 30, 2016
- Barns 13 and 14 were completed and occupied, putting another 4000' of track under cover.
- Track construction: Yard 15, part of the new car line, and most dramatically, double-track girder rail in a paved street.
- The Santa Fe sign
- Completion and dedication of NWERR 24
- First operation of CCW 300, LSE 810, and the Metra Highliners
- First operation in many years of Milwaukee 972
- Operating crossing gates
- Acquisition of the B-71 box-cab Diesel
- In the various department shops, many projects made significant progress during the year, too many to list.
- Under new management, Rail and Wire is bigger and better than ever.
- And in operational news, the 1630 pulled the longest steam-hauled freight train in the country in (probably) at least 50 years: 135 hoppers!
Posted by Randall Hicks at 8:28 AM
Wednesday, December 28, 2016
Monday, December 26, 2016
Posted by Randall Hicks at 9:06 AM
Saturday, December 24, 2016
Tuesday, December 20, 2016
Posted by Randall Hicks at 6:54 PM
Saturday, December 17, 2016
Posted by Randall Hicks at 4:02 PM
Wednesday, December 14, 2016
Posted by Randall Hicks at 7:04 PM