Sunday, February 1, 2009

Hooked

Today was another day spent working on the roof of the 205. First off I spent some time leveling the roof boards using shims made last weekend. After that I set to work mounting the trolley hooks, which had been needle-chipped and painted by Paul Kattner about three years ago (yikes, has this project been going on that long already?). This involved use of the family brace-and-bit, borrowed from the 277 project, among other things.



Note our 21st-century technology drill on the left side of the left photo; on the right side of that photo is the recently-installed roof ladder. The final result is seen at right. Dan Mulvihill assisted in final bolting down of the trolley hooks. Now, whatever will I be able to hook under these...
I finished the day by spray-painting the car's trolley poles black . I also moved the trolley bases, hiding behind the sawhorse in the above photo, out into the barn next to the 757 to get them out of the way. I will be working the next few weekends so there won't be any more 205 updates for a little while.

No comments: