Tuesday, July 16, 2019

American Gothic

I was unable to be out at IRM last weekend, due to a death in my wife's family.  But on the way back from the funeral in Denver, I managed to find this picture at an antique store in Des Moines:


The only identification is "Streetcar photograph".  Streetcar, bah!  It's obviously one of the Fort Dodge Des Moines and Southern's big Niles combines, rebuilt with arched roof and squared-off upper sash.  I just wish I knew the photographer, and what the occasion was -- honeymoon?  Anniversary?  First visit to the big city?  Your guess is as good as mine!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Almost looks like American Gothic doesn't it? My sympathy to you on the death in your family Randall.
C Kronenwetter

Anonymous said...

Of course it could also be grandpa and grandma coming to visit....
C Kronenwetter