Thursday, June 5, 2008

309 Update

Today I finished most of the woodwork on the #2 end. On the left doorpost, all of the new wood is installed and the filler has been sanded down and primed. On the right doorpost, it took most of the day, but the new pieces were all trimmed and installed, with a first application of filler. It needs some more sanding and adjustment, but that will not take long. This is a big improvement over its previous appearance as seen here, and is also much more structurally solid.

I would have liked to start on actually painting the car, but it was too hot and humid.

I noticed that one of the trim strips on the north side was sort of rotted at the bottom (left) for some reason; all the rest are OK. Luckily, I had some extra pieces of this molding left over. I must have made it about two decades ago. Since the wood was on hand, it only took about 20 minutes to remove the old piece, cut to length, prime, and install (right) the new piece.






No comments: