Thursday, June 26, 2008

Successful Inspection

Yesterday I did most of the inspection tasks on the 309 while it was over the pit in Barn 4. Lots of work, but the bottom line is that no problems were found and the car should be ready for revenue service this year. Here I am inspecting one of the controllers. The contact surfaces need to be lubricated with a light application of petroleum jelly.

I also helped Bob Kutella and the other Wednesday guys with moving a couple of pieces of wood-working machinery. And I ground down the newly-rebuilt trolley shoe (shown earlier) and installed it; now the next one is ready for Lenny's attention. And I did some more painting.

To the right we see Frank lettering the south side of the 309.


And after supper I wandered over to look at the wetlands. It's so nice and peaceful after a long hard day in the inspection pit!

No comments: