Saturday, January 21, 2012

More Electrical Work


This seemed like a good day to work at home. I rewired the second jumper receptacle, using the same process as before. Then I built a toy junction box and cut the other end of the connections to the right length to attach them to the terminals. I also rechecked the connections electrically, since we don't have the luxury of color-coded wire.









And then I completed development of the amazing new Hicksco DB-15 Contactor Testing Station (patent pending) as seen here. It should be possible to test the operation of the contactor coils on 120V AC. The coil is activated by means of an ordinary push button wall switch, and the bulb will light up when the contactor tips close. Unfortunately, this contactor has a coil which I knew to be bad, so the tester works better than the contactor. But I'll take it out to the Museum and try it there. Most of the other contactors are good, I believe.

In any case, would anybody have some leads on an electrical shop that might be willing to rewind a coil or two for us?

2 comments:

Ben Rohling said...

Randy, if I remember right didn't you have a contactor rewound circa 1996 that got broken at inspection time back in the old barn 2 days with 309? Who did that one?

Randall Hicks said...

Yes, Ben, you remember correctly. That was Flolo Electric; I've tried contacting them, but they didn't respond. Need to keep trying, I think.