Thursday, January 26, 2012

36 Update

We now have the correct size armored cable and fittings to install the wiring to the control jumper receptacles, so I spent a couple of hours fitting parts and cutting pieces to shape. It's not all done, but there's enough for me to take home and work on. And I did some more paint stripping, and helped Rod clean up the shop a little. Sorry, no pictures, but maybe tomorrow I'll have some of the new material assembled here at home.


Update: Here we have the first box attached to the armored cable, with the wires trimmed and connected to the toy connector box. All connector lugs are soldered, and all connections tested. It's ready to install.

4 comments:

David Church said...

Do you think 36 will run as part of a CA&E 4 car wood train? Would be amazing!!!

Randall Hicks said...

Certainly, that's the plan. A four-car train won't happen very often, of course, but I would hope to keep two two-car trains serviceable.

Anonymous said...

Is there still any thought being given to backdating the 36, like Julie Johnson was talking up before her passing?

Randall Hicks said...

I'm afraid not. Right now we just don't have the time and resources available for what would be a very long and complicated project. I will be satisfied to complete the needed mechanical and electrical repairs to make the car operable, and repaint it.