Friday, April 24, 2015

Comments Policy

We have suddenly started getting hundreds of spam comments a day, where it used to be maybe a dozen, and it's driving me nuts.  So I have to do something.  The available choices seem to be 1) word verification 2) Users with Google account only 3) Registered users only (actually, I'm not quite sure what that means) or 4) only members of the blog, which would be self-defeating.  We welcome all legitimate comments, but we have to stop this *&^%$# spam.  I'm trying word verification first.  Sorry, I know it's annoying.  Let me know if you have any suggestions.  Email will still work.

4 comments:

Brian J. Patterson said...

Hello, Randy and all.

So far, the "new" policy doesn't seem to be too difficult on behalf of the commenter. Hopefully this blocks the spambots to make things easier for you.

Thanks.

Brian J. Patterson

Randall Hicks said...

Thanks for the input, Brian.

Chris said...

Increase the length of your train! Free trial! Really works!

Anonymous said...

Randall,
Sorry to hear that you are getting hit with that garbage! It is a pain for the rest of us who want to use your wonderful Blog!

The new R&W came into my mail box; it is great to see all that track work going on at the museum.

Ted Miles
IRM Member