Wednesday, March 7, 2018

Back from Vacation

We have just returned from a trip to Florida, which is why I haven't been posting recently.  Actually, there wasn't a lot of railfanning to be done in Florida itself.  The Gold Coast Museum is closed to the public for a month in order to handle Thomas; I still wish I knew why that's necessary.  Next year maybe we'll try going in January, and that won't be a problem.

But we spent a lot of time visiting various forts, plantations, lighthouses, and swamps, and making new friends.


And in fact, I enjoyed being on the water so much that I decided to buy myself a fishing boat.


 It will probably take more work to fix up than I was led to believe, but things like this have happened to me before.  And I'm still here. 

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

hmmm, a new controller and air compressor, some work on the windows and doors, maybe a Hicks Car Works decal and I'm sure it will be fine Randal. Just like the cars at IRM, it's really just a matter of making it watertight and keeping the water out. I can't see the bolsters, but are the trucks and motors in good shape? :)
C Kronenwetter