Monday, August 13, 2018

Time for a Quiz

Frank writes...

I just returned from another business trip and, as I occasionally do, I had an opportunity for a very brief railfanning stop. What it lacked in duration, it also lacked in visual appeal:

So here's your two-part quiz: what is it, and where is it? This challenge is a little harder than the last time I tried this, so let's say you can use Google (good luck with that) and PNAERC (which should tip you off that it is, or was, electrified). Best of luck, and may fortune favor the bored!


Update:



Lucas is correct.  Here's a picture of the C122 I took at Ringoes back in 1984, from a different angle.  What they really need is a neon sign saying "MOTOR COURT".  (RH)

5 comments:

Lucas McKay said...

It looks like a Brill sweeper, could it be Philadelphia Transportation Co. C122? The roster lists its use as a bunk house, so that would make sense.

Lucas McKay said...

I forgot to add that if it is indeed the C122, it would be located at the Black River and Western railroad in New Jersey.

Jeron G said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Jeron G said...

The end looks like a cross between the B48 and E223, so I'd agree that it might a sweeper.

Chris said...

I could live there.