Sunday, April 4, 2021

Saturday Report

Saturday was another nice day with good weather, and plenty of various activities.  This report will have to be brief, since I was too busy to take many pictures.

I had ordered some wood screws for fastening the saddles to the roof, but they were delayed by shipping problems.  Nevertheless, I went ahead and tried fastening a few to make sure that the system I had planned for positioning the saddles would work.  It worked well and everything went well on the first three saddles.  


Locating the saddles went very easily and quickly, and I should be able to install all of the rest of them once the screws arrive.  And all of running boards are painted and up on the scaffold for installation.  Buzz helped me move the last two out of the shop.

The rest of the time I spent putting another coat of paint on the sides of the roof and parts of the ends.



Other department projects included lifting the trolley base for the 65 onto the roof by the Fenlaciki Car Works team, with block and tackle:



No comments: