Monday, August 29, 2022

Smoker Progress

Frank writes...

There isn't a whole lot to this update; due to prior commitments I didn't get out to IRM until after 5pm on Sunday, so I didn't have too much time. But I did get a couple of hours in on wire-wheeling in the smoker of the 460. The R side is now mostly done over the windows; I have one more window's width to go, then the posts and end bulkhead will need to be done. But it's getting there. In other news, all of the stuff is out from underneath the reefers on Track 42 East, so we're pretty much ready for those cars to be pulled out so that the track can be rebuilt. And one of the golf carts was being repaired. I stopped by the Hoffman Garage, too, where Richard has applied most (all?) of the "stickers" to the 9631 and was making good progress on painting the numbers onto the bus.

No comments: