Sunday, November 27, 2022

Happy Holiday

 Happy Holiday Railway has started, and I'm told tickets are going fast.  So this report may already be too late if you haven't decided to buy tickets yet.  Don't delay!

On Saturday I was part of the streetcar crew.  Once the event started, we were constantly busy, but at least we get to wear real uniforms and not Santa hats or jingling bells.  From L to R:  Chris Buck and I were on the 4391, and Jeff Obarek on the 3142:


Near the Depot St. stop, my old buddy Roger Kramer was selling his fund-raising cookies again.


Like everything else, once they're gone you're out of luck.


And there are lots of nice decorations throughout the barns and grounds.


I didn't have time to take many pictures of all the festivities, but there are plenty of good pictures on the IRM website linked above.  And we can certainly say that a good time was had by all!


And I would like to thank all the volunteers who have put in so much work to make this event possible.  Their efforts make the campus a magical place, especially after dark.  You know who you are, even if I don't.  Thanks!!!  

Fun fact: we've gotten inquiries as to whether the event would be cancelled if the rail unions go on strike.  Well, I don't want to get involved in somebody else's labor dispute, but we're all volunteers, and we have our own railroad.  And we can promise the show will go on!

No comments: