Monday, March 20, 2023

Smoker Progress

Frank writes...


Sunday was a good day for progress on the 460's smoker. I masked off the entire compartment as needed and then did some additional clean-up, including removing the two baggage racks - thanks to Joel, Nick, and Greg for their help with that. Those will need to be cleaned up and sprayed silver, then reinstalled. After that, it was time for primer.

I was a little late arriving so I ran out of time, but not before I got half the compartment done, as shown. Next week I'll do the other half and then it's on to fresh blue-grey paint, which has already been procured.

In other news, Bob and Mikey were working on the Class B's control system; Nathan was turning something on the lathe, though I'm not sure what; and Joel was doing a variety of odd jobs. Nick and Greg were working on the substation, where they removed a failed re-closing device and sent it (and a non-working spare) out for repair. The re-closer lets the substation determine whether to automatically restart itself after it's tripped out, so it's a good thing to have in proper working order.

No comments: