Friday was a quiet day. Most of the time it was just Tim and I in Barn 4. Here Tim is spraying the rebuilt springs for one of the bench seats in the 268. This is in the west part of the barn.
And back behind the 451, I was stripping the wood molding strips for the interior.
Outside, I was able to catch one of the steam guys disassembling the 1630's tender. You can just see his head above the truck; he was running the crane by remote control. I didn't want to bother him, of course, so I don't know his name.
And here's another set of bench springs in the shop being cleaned up. Just like truck design, these have a combination of leaf springs and coil springs to provide a smooth ride.
And the many of the wooden strips for the 451 have been stripped, but there's more to do.





No comments:
Post a Comment