Monday, October 13, 2008

Union, Illinois, East Troy, Wisconsin, and More!



Unlike my last visit to IRM, this past weekend had nearly picture-perfect weather for the entire weekend. I drove up from St. Louis early Saturday morning, arriving at IRM around 10pm. I immediately found Randy and helped him remove the pole from the IT 277, and also release the tension on the pole base. Randy was also kind enough to give me a tour of the 277 and the 518, as I missed "substitute members' day" the previous weekend.




The Indiana Railroad 65 was running some special trips for an out-of-state visitor that day, and I rode along on several of the trips. I also rode along on a qualification trip with the 1-50 series CTA PCC L cars, which was a nice ride. I never knew they had that much acceleration and speed.




Sunday, we visited East Troy. I don't have a lot of photos. The staff at East Troy were very friendly, and I even got a cab ride in TMER&L locomotive L-8 on the return trip from the Elegant farmer.




After returning to Union to pick up my car, I drove through the Illinois darkness on my way back to St. Louis, crossing the Poplar Street Bridge at the stroke of midnight. Overall, a good weekend.

No comments: