Sunday, October 19, 2008

Green Collar Job?

I spent all afternoon today painting stuff Indiana Railroad Green, which we got color matched to the 65's roof some time back thanks to help from Jon Fenlaciki. I started out using a roller to paint the roof of the 205 green, which took some time. It's difficult to see inside Barn 8 exactly how well the paint is covering, so we'll want to reexamine the paint job the next time the car is outdoors in the sun, but it seemed to cover pretty well. I then moved to the wood shop, where I put a first coat of green on one side of our 2x6 roof boards. Once the other side of these boards gets a first coat, they'll be ready to install! Finally I returned to Barn 8 and touched up the edges of the roof - the areas where the "canvas" (actually tarpaper) is nailed to the tack molding - with a brush. Voila! One other thing I did was inspect our stash of spare trolley bases and pick out a few possible candidates for installation on the 205 after the roof boards are installed. Of course, the batteries on my camera were dead, so I didn't get any pictures either of the 205 progress nor of Barn 11, on which the contractors have finished the roof. Fortunately though, Bob Kutella snapped the below photo of me painting a roof board while Norm Krentel looks on.

No comments: