Monday, October 27, 2008

Neither Snow Nor Sleet....

Today I first picked up three end window frames from the 205, and a window from the 518, and drove to Woodstock to have new pieces of glass cut for them. The company we use as our usual supplier, Ameriglass, is not open on Saturday or Sunday, which is rather inconvenient for us, but that's the way it is. Now I just need to figure out how to get the new glass when it's ready.

Since no one else was around, I chose to work on 518 windows rather than the 277's roof. I started making a frame for holding windows while the paint or varnish dries (patent pending). I want to add some more arms. When it's done, the idea is that the arms will support only the glass. Then I can store windows with the wet side down, so they don't collect dust while I'm not looking. And I painted two more frames with brown primer.

I also put filler as needed on the patch piece on the 321's letterboard and sanded it down. I decided not to paint it, though, as snow was falling. Unusual weather we've been having, ain't it?

1 comment:

David Wilkins said...

That window dryer frame is something only the high-quality engineering minds of the Hicks Car Works of East Union, Illinois can think of. Keep up the innovation!