Tuesday, April 24, 2012

Miscellany

We are now planning to pick up the CA&E seats we're buying from Mid-Continent on Tuesday, May 8th, in North Freedom. The exact time isn't known and depends on other factors such as the weather. Nick and Rod will be driving to LaCrosse to pick up some other material, then drive the truck to MCRM for the seats, and thence to Union. We'll then plan to unload the truck at IRM on Wednesday. So we're hoping to get some extra help in loading and unloading. Let us know if you might be available. Thanks!

I've added the Diner Grill to the roadside diners page. And I have another one in my sights for next week, so stay tuned!

Work has started on site preparation for the Bellock playground north of Barn 3. Unfortunately I forgot my camera last Saturday, so I don't have a picture, but it should be a nice addition to the property. Along those lines, though, I have a couple of pictures of railroad-related sculptures over the entrance to the Children's Museum in Naperville, across the street from the station.

These are kinetic sculptures, though I had no way to take a video of them in action. There's a crank directly below each one which causes the locomotive's wheels to turn and rings the bell, and causes the handcar handle to pump and the children to move up and down. So it's quite amusing.

No comments: