Tuesday, April 21, 2009

Dave's Depots - Nashville, Illinois


Today, I am starting a new feature. As some of you may know, I'm an attorney who travels throughout rural Missouri and Illinois from my home office in St. Louis. This gives me a chance to find and photograph some railroad and interurban-related sites around both states. Starting today, I am going to share some of these finds;



Here, we have the former Louisville and Nashville Railroad Depot in Nashville, Illinois. Of course, the "Nashville" in the railroad name referred to Nashville, Tennessee. The depot is located on the former L&N Evansville Division which ran from East St. Louis, Illinois to Evansville, Indiana. Part of the line remains in operation, from Evansville to Okawville, IL as the Evansville and Western, a regional railroad. The light rail system in the St. Louis Metro area, Metrolink uses the right of way from East St. Louis to just west of Belleville, IL near Scott Air Force Base.

No comments: