Saturday, April 25, 2009

277 Update

Some more progress on the interior of the 277 was made today. I started by putting a second coat of primer on the upper sash and painting the back of the wall section I had started on last time. After that had dried, more or less, it was installed in the car as shown here (red arrow). I made a test fit of the first "croquet hoop" (blue arrow) to verify the width of the next wall section; I then cut it to size and painted the front. The croquet hoop is only temporarily installed; the upper sash frame goes behind it.


In the afternoon I attended the annual Safety Meeting. Harold Krewer, our Superintendent of Operations, is in charge of safety training with Amtrak, so he knows what he's talking about and does an excellent job of explaining the issues so everybody can understand it. Several other important matters of interest were brought up. Here we are in the American Legion hall listening to Harold (just to the right of the screen.) And of course the Annual Meeting weekend provides the opportunity to meet several old friends I don't see very often.


After the meeting I flipped the next wall panel piece over and painted the front, as seen here.

And in other news from the real world, my wife had a biopsy recently and the cancer is gone, so we're very thankful. It appears that all will be well.

No comments: