Wednesday, October 28, 2009

He's Making a List

We don't have to wait for Christmas to get presents, not at IRM!

The tarp for the 321 that I had ordered online arrived via UPS, so I moved it over to the car, and Stan helped me load it onto the platform. It's 40'x80' and weighs 136 lbs. OK, so it wasn't gift-wrapped. It was still nice to get.

I also found out I won't have to travel to Cleveland this weekend; we got a message from Bill Wall with further plans on the move, so Nick and Stan should be able to handle the tasks for this weekend. That's a relief. The major parts distribution will take place in two weeks, so I'll go there then, along with several others from IRM. And I can't make any promises, but if you're all good little boys and girls we may be getting a really nice present sooner than you might imagine! For more Trolleyville updates, watch this space.

I also removed bolts from the one remaining step well on the 321; one of them is frozen, so it will have to be torched or ground off. Otherwise the car is ready for the truck swap and then the tarp. And I spent the rest of my time sorting parts for the IT cars.

Meanwhile, the new car shop extension is making great progress. At 11 AM, here's what it looked like. The workmen were starting to close up the gap with the existing shop.






By the end of the day, the exterior appeared to be complete. (R) Inside, here are the concrete footings for the truck rebuilding facility. The cement truck also poured concrete for Barn 11, I believe, but I didn't get a chance to check it out.






Finally, here's a little fall color.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

It appears that there are no doors on the side of the shop! Seems like a fire hazard to me. It also might be nice to place the car shop office right in the center of the lean-to.

Randall Hicks said...

I'm sure the design of the addition meets all applicable building codes, which is no easy feat. Maybe I can get Dave Diamond to comment further.