Friday, March 25, 2011

News Flash - ORM

I passed by the Ohio Railway Museum at Worthington this morning; I was surprised to find that much of the collection is no longer there. The N&W Pacific is gone and it seems that at least half of the electric collection must be gone also. Most of what's left is tarped or out of sight so I cannot say what's there and what isn't. Some of the tracks in front of the station have been taken up and it would appear they plan to remove more trackage soon. I was unable to take any pictures worth posting. Maybe I'm just out of touch but this was unexpected. I'm hoping someone with more information can comment further.

Hicks Car Works -- bringing you more than rumors but less than the whole truth!

7 comments:

Pete Pedersen said...

On their Facebook page, they state they are closed for safety reasons and unknown when they will reopen. From some of the other posts they have, it seems they are putting in new rail and ties.

Pete

Scott Greig said...

I know the Detroit Peter Witt went to Seashore and the North Shore 154 was sold to another owner (don't know if it was moved yet). What else appeared to be missing?

Randall Hicks said...

I can only tell you for sure some of what's still there: the 154 and CTA 4449, both of which are basket cases, a modern subway car (Cleveland?), a Toronto PCC, and the Erie doodlebug. I would really like to know where everything else went.

Anonymous said...

The "modern subway car" is a 1967 built Pullman for the Cleveland Transit System. ORM got it when Trolleyville moved out of Columbia Park. ORM just had Silk Road move in a GE 65 ton diesel from Barberton, Ohio. The steamer is still there, it is just well hidden.

Anonymous said...

North Shore 154 was purchased, I think, by the Waterfront Electric Railway in Grand Rapids Ohio. They have not moved it from Worthington pending resolution of a permanent site for their collection.

Bob Kutella

Tim Lesniak said...

Randy-

When you went out there, was 450 (the IT PCC) still there?

-Tim Lesniak
CT Electric Railway

Randall Hicks said...

Tim:
I couldn't say, one way or the other. Not all of the cars were visible, and some that were were tarped. I'm thinking now that perhaps some were moved to the south end of the line, although I can't imagine why that was a good idea either.