Tuesday, May 31, 2011

A Fitting Salute

The WWII Living History event which took place over the three-day Memorial Day weekend was a big success. Unfortunately I left my camera at the Museum, so it will be a few days before I can post any pictures. Until then, anyone who has some good pictures is encouraged to send them in.

To make a long story short: the weather on Saturday was mostly grey and overcast, but no significant rain, and everything went on schedule. The 309 and 319 operated all day. There were more re-enactors than last year. In the evening I stopped in at the USO dance in the old Legion hall in town.

Mother Nature certainly won the war on Sunday; there was a huge thunderstorm for much of the day. The wood cars did not come out, and I wound up working the Zephyr most of the time. Monday was sunny and warm, and we operated the 309 and 319 again. There was a Memorial Day service in front of the IC plaque by the depot.

I'm glad to say nearly everyone at IRM supported and helped with the program, and let's hope we can do even better next year!

No comments: