Monday, June 25, 2012

Walk This Way

We now have this nice new sidewalk leading all the way from the annex to the grade crossing at Barn 9 North. So just follow me, and look both ways before crossing Depot St.

I continued to work on completing the second coat of primer on the 36, which included sanding, filling, and installing the metal brackets. The job wasn't quite completed, due to the heat, but I'm getting close.

My old friend Randy Anderson was visiting, and we got to talk to him for a while. And here's the door from the 36, which Al has started stripping.


And Ed Oslowski is making good progress on the interior of the baggage compartment in the 277. We talked about the window trim sticks and other details.

On Thursday, Frank and Al and I will be inspecting the 308. Once that's done, I may put it into regular service with the 319, to provide some variety and equalize wear and tear. We should have all three cars in the Pageant on July 7th. Watch for it!


Frank adds...


I was able to stop at the museum briefly on Sunday and caught a photo of my father putting primer on the 36 (right).  I also happened to be walking through Barn 3 where I was flagged down by Jerry Boguse, who had just gotten water running in the Galt House, our L&N heavyweight diner, for the first time in many years (below).  A good deal of new piping and other equipment was installed to make this system work.  There's more work to be done before the Galt House is back in service, but this is a big step forward.

No comments: