Thursday, June 14, 2012

Early American Blues

Today is Flag Day, and what could be a more auspicious time to start on the "red, white, and blue" (or "Early American") paint scheme?

First, I sanded down and applied some second primer along the window sections of the 36. And I drove out to check on the 321 and look for parts. I also went to the container and inspected it. And I had to examine every gallon of paint in the car shop, but I finally found the Early American Blue we last used on the 308.
So the 36 is starting to look good! Eventually, I will have to be able to pull the car outside so I can actually see what I'm doing, but for a first coat this is probably OK.

We seemed to have a fairly steady number of visitors through Barn 8, even though it's the farthest from the depot, and both the 415 and 3142 were running, so I hope attendance is doing well. Be sure to tell your friends that if they're taking a "staycation" IRM is the place to visit!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

looks like you are painting the American flag on the side of the car