Thursday, December 13, 2012

National Sound Check Day (121212) or the Department Christmas Party

Al writes…

I have to say I guess I'm getting slow in my old age because it took me a while to get that national sound check day idea. But 12 1212 turned out to be a very good day  as it was the annual Wednesday crowd Christmas party. We had more than 40 people participating and once again demonstrated one of the nice aspects volunteering at IRM.

Besides the sense of accomplishment that one achieves in helping to restore a piece of equipment you also get the benefit of fellowship with other volunteers.  For us retirees it's nice to get out of the house and to work with some real people and not have to sit and watch that wasteland that is daytime television.




Even as the food is available some continue to discuss their projects
Discussions on 1024's  progress
I won't spend a lot of time naming the folks that are in the photographs as I'm sure to miss many. I'll just share the photos with you. You easily see how much we enjoy getting together and I'm sure you'll recognize some of the usual suspects . Thanks to everyone involved in both organizing this party as well as those who contributed food, supplies and cash to the cause.








We here at the Hicks car works want to wish you and yours a Merry Christmas and Happy Holiday Season. And if you have the ability, please remember IRM and the barn 14 fund in your year-end "dodge the taxman"giving.

No comments: