Tuesday, April 23, 2019

More Inspection

The inspection process continued today, as I had some time to look at the 36.  I basically finished everything I could do without getting the car over the pit, since there was no one around to authorize movement.  And I have a question or two for the experts, but otherwise it all looks OK.

And as usual, people were busy with other projects.   Tim is fitting new clerestory window sash on the 1754.  He kept complaining that the window openings were not quite square.  Some people are just never satisfied.


Frank K. spent a lot of time cleaning up underbody parts.


Gregg brought over some window frames from the doodlebug for rebuilding:


And inspection of the 36 generally wasn't very photogenic, except for a loose piece on one of the seat cushions.  This was quickly fixed in my little workshop in the 150.


John was working in the Electroliner, and proudly showed off all they've accomplished so far in putting the ceiling back together.




And there were other things going on.   Our old friend Dave Conrad, who was once the head of the Steam Dept., was visiting, so I got to talk to him for a while, along with Gregg Wolfersheim.  Two guys I've known since about 1975....  And then I wound up helping out two vending machine fans, who wanted to go around and write down the serial numbers of all our pop machines.  You just never know what people will be interested in.

Last fall I installed a new sanitary chute on the 319, since the old one was rusting away, and today it was warm enough to get a coat of primer on it.



But that was about it.  I have various trips and other commitments coming up, so these posts may be few and far between.  You'll just have to get used to it.

No comments: