Thursday, February 25, 2021

Sudden at Tacks

In old news, on Tuesday Tim looked at the canvas on the 453 and decided we were ready to start tacking, at least along the sides.  I know everybody wants me to work faster, and sometimes I get these sudden attacks of enthusiasm, so today it was time to start driving carpet tacks.  

Here we see my little cardboard form for getting the tacks in a more or less consistent pattern.  Except when you run into the bolts holding the tack molding to the car.  That's what those black lines below the molding are for.


And with some steady work, by the end of the day I had finished about a third of the sides, on both sides.  It's going along pretty well, and I'm happy to report that the old tack moldings seem to be holding the tacks quite firmly.  That was something I had worried about.



I know -- at some point it would be nice to scrub some of that dirt off...

But you've seen one tack, you've seen 'em all.  Let's look at what the other guys were doing.

What could possibly be more stylish than arched windows?   John was installing the frames in the 306, at least as a test fit.  They look great!



Tim was varnishing wood for 50th Avenue, among other things:


And Jon spent most of the day polishing window guard frames:


with help from Andy:


  So a good time was had by all.

1 comment:

Ted Miles said...

I just love those arched windows! And the new ticket booth is looking fine. Did you all
make the grill over the ticket window or was it something old?

Ted Miles, IRM Member