Wednesday, December 14, 2022

Has Moving Parts -- Some Assembly Required

That's our Museum -- always lots of moving parts, with assembly and disassembly going on all the time.  Tuesday was cold and damp, but we won't let that stop us.  So let's pay another visit to the Car Shop, to begin with.

On the 460, I painted the next two trolley boards, and fixed a crack in one of the earlier ones.



Meanwhile, out in back, we see that only one of the glass containers is still in Yard 4.  The other one has already been moved.



Tim continues working on windows for the 1808.


John was working on the interior of the 306 again.

Jim is refinishing many of the 306 interior moldings


Gerry repainted all of the parts of the fuse box.


And Mike continues needle-chipping the underbody parts of the 1808.


By the end of the day, I have the first two trolley boards in place, although they're not fastened down yet, just nailed so they won't move when I start drilling all the holes.


And I had some time to attach another of the drip guards at the east end.

Back to moving parts: here we see, I'm told, our latest acquisition, CB&Q baggage car 1554, a class BA-15 car built by ACF in 1927, being unloaded onto its six-wheel trucks on the steam leads.


And the last container has now been moved out of Yard 4, and grading is progressing for the new shop extension. 


4 comments:

Ted Miles said...

Can you tell us where the C,B & Q 1554 baggage car came from? The new winter 2022 Rail & Wire was great!

Ted Miles, about to renew my membership.

Anonymous said...

I'm assuming it's arriving from the Nebraska Railroad museum which desaccessioned it. The story mentioned that it was sold to IRM.https://railfan.com/struggling-nebraska-museum-sells-up-centennial/

Anonymous said...

That’s the new volunteer Jim not Paul, I ought to know because I’m Paul and I was not there on Tuesday but came in on Wednesday !

Randall Hicks said...

Sorry!!! That's an embarrassing mistake to make. I'll try not to let it happen again.